About Legislative Affairs
With today’s challenging and complex political environment, it is vital for the commercial real estate industry to be proactively involved in the political process on a local, regional, statewide and national basis. As the voice of office and industrial real estate owners, operators and service providers in the region, NAIOP Inland Empire is playing a prominent role in shaping policy and legislative discussions for the benefit of our members and the commercial real estate industry as a whole.
Industry Resources to Debunk Common Mistruths
Our chapter has created several resource pages which can be used to combat misinformation and aid industry communication with local elected officials, municipalities, and community members.
Two great examples are the below brochures which can be downloaded and distributed.
Download Four Page Brochure
Download Two Page Brochure
Please see our Industry Resources and Tools tab for more resources
- We will support legislation and public officials who support the Commercial Real Estate industry and embrace our contributions to the economy and communities.
- We will support legislation and public officials that support Southern California infrastructure receiving its fair share of funding.
- We will support legislation and public officials which support and promote job creation for our region, through limited prudent regulation of our industry.
- We will support legislation and public officials that encourage common sense, consistent, efficient and value-added land use planning which will, in turn, encourage growth.
- We will support legislation and public officials which promote cost effective, proven Green technologies and environmentally sustainable methods in the design, construction and maintenance of buildings, infrastructure and sites that are responsive to the needs of the end user of the building.
- We will educate public officials about the benefits of the Commercial Real Estate industry, include responding to inaccurate and information and negative attacks to our industry.
- We will work with our members to provide comprehensive and uniform information related to comments provided during the environmental review process.
- We encourage healthy participation within Legislative Committee and within the NAIOP Inland Empire Chapter and strive for disclosure to avoid conflicts of interest or the appearance of conflicts.